The Jannette Alexander Foundation for Clinical Social Work Education is a subsidiary non-profit education foundation of the California Society for Clinical Social Work. Each year the Jannette Alexander Foundation Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to advanced year master’s level social work students who demonstrate excellence in clinical studies and practice. Applicants must attend a California accredited graduate social work program.
Awardees receive $1,000 and a free one year membership to the California Society for Clinical Social Work.
Please share this message with any advanced student(s) within your network and direct them to our website to apply: https://
All applications must be received by March 1, 2024
THE 2024 JAF APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
- Applicants must be in their second or final year of an MSW program to be considered.
- All applications must be turned in by the specified deadline. No exceptions.
- Applicants must be attending a school of social work in California.
- No more than one winner per school of social work.
- No more than 3 recipients per application cycle. No exceptions.
- Applicants may not use a letter of reference from an active member of the CSCSW Board of Directors.
- Short Bio’s need to be professional, edited for publication and avoid information that is too personal.
The Jannette Alexander Foundation for Clinical Social Work is looking for applicants in their second or final year of the MSW program with exemplary clinical skills/ aptitude. Consideration will be given for applicants who have overcome obstacles and challenges in pursuing their education. Please be sure to highlight these attributes in the essay portion of the application. Applicants should include 2 references from a clinical placement/employment.