2013 Continuing Education Workshops
Watch this space for future workshops.
Home Study Course on Aging and Long Term Care
According to the BBS requirements: “For renewals after January 1, 2005, those persons who began graduate study prior to January 1, 2004 must complete a 3-hour continuing education course in aging and long term care. The course could include, but is not limited to, the biological, social, and psychological aspect of aging. The Board may accept evidence of completion of an equivalent course or courses taken prior to January 1, 2005 or may accept prior teaching or practice experience in order to fulfill the continuing education requirement.”
To request the Aging and Long Term Care Home Study packet mail your request along with a check for $40.00 to CSCSW, P.O. Box 1151 Rancho Cordova, CA 95741. Include you name, mailing address, and daytime phone number. If paying by Master Card or VISA call (800) 952-5579.
Earn C.E. credits here on our website
Have you reviewed your Continuing Education folder and discovered you are one or two hours short? Current Society members can now earn one or more hours of CE credit by reading 3 articles of your choice (per credit), then answering the post-test questions and submitting it by mail or fax to the Society office. C.E. credit certificate will then be forwarded to you.
Non-member LCSWs or MFTs may also earn CE Credit for a $10.00 fee per credit.
Important Note: Read the regulations below to determine how best to return the Post Test. According to the California Code of Regulations, licensees may earn one-third of the required CE hours through self-study.
The difference between self-study and electronic courses is the method of the post-test. Even if the method of learning is the same (reading a book, watching a video), if the post-test is submitted to the provider through the mail, those hours will be considered self-study (this method is limited to 1/3 of the total hours required per renewal period). If the post-test is submitted electronically, the hours will be considered regular CE hours. (electronically includes fax).
26 Available Articles:
- A Harm Reduction Approach to Treating Problem Adolescent Alcohol Use
- Alcohol and Aging: Myths and Realities
- A Therapist’s Grief When a Client Suddenly Dies
- Control-Mastery: A Contemporary Psychoanalytic Theory You May Never Have Heard Of
- Couple Therapy with Survivors of Childhood Trauma
- Expectations in Therapy or “I Never Promised You a Rose Garden”
- Got Gottman?
- Guidelines for Treating Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Hate in the Transference
- Healing Traumatic Reenactment: Psyche’s Return from Soma’s Underworld
- Holding the Systemic Frame in Depth Couples Therapy: Practical Considerations
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
- Insightful Parents/Secure Children
- Interrupting the Blame/Rage Cycle
- Intimate Partner Abuse: Understanding and Treating Domestic Violence
- It’s Never Too Late to Change: Group Psychotherapy Experiences with Senior Adults
- Teen Line Reaches Out to LGBT Youth
- There’s No Couch Here: Introducing Psychoanalytic Concepts to Non-clinical Staff
- Third Culture Kids / Global Nomads and the Culturally Skilled Therapist
- Treating Performance Anxiety
- Treating the Dually Diagnosed Woman
- Using Attachment Theory Concepts in Couple Therapy
- Using Attachment Theory in Clinical Practice With Adults
- Using Electronic Mail in Clinical Social Work Practice
- What Should I Do? What Should I Say?
- When Too Much Sex Is a Problem… Understanding and Treating Sexual Addiction
Continuing Education Requirement
Continuing Education Update:
Current and New Required Courses
The table below summarizes information on current and new required courses that LCSWs/MFTs should know. The effective date in the table means that you must complete this requirement prior to your license expiring after this date.
|Course Requirement||CE Credits||Frequency||Effective Date|
|Legal and Ethical Issues||
|Every renewal cycle||January 1, 2004|
|Clinical Supervision of Registered Associates||
|One time requirement||In effect now|
|Clinical Supervision of MFT Interns||
|Every renewal cycle||In effect now|
No specific #*
|One time requirement||January 1, 2004|
|One time requirement||January 1, 2005|
|Aging and Long-term||
|One time requirement||January 1, 2005|